- The Naval Special Warfare Center Crane Division developed the original SOPMOD stock. This stock was developed and produced to meet the needs of the war fighters of the Special Operations Forces. B5 has taken this excellent design platform and expanded upon it to meet the needs of military members and armed civilians alike. The original SOPMOD stock has several benefits, including integrated battery storage compartments that also allowed for an oversize cheek weld area, making the stock easy to shoot. This extended cheek weld surface can also help you find your correct positioning repeatedly. Having the extra wide cheek weld area can also come in to great benefit for holding positions for extended periods of time. For instance, laying prone with your cheek in position on this stock can be much for comfortable than other stocks because the pressure is spread out over a larger area.
- The B5 systems enhanced SOPMOD stock incorporates ambidextrous QD sling swivel mounts made with color matching hardware. The integraded QD cups are non-rotational. This prevents your sling from moving, thereby avoiding your sling potentially getting tangled. Other features of the B5 stock include an integrated sling loop what allows uses to mount a sling directly to the stock.
- At the rear of the stock has a rubber butt pad. This rubber butt pad acts to increase the grip of the stock, making for a firmer connection with your shoulder when shooting. This stock can also help to absorb some recoil. Also the energy-absorbing pad can help to decrease the shock impulse, should your rifle be dropped on the stock. This rear rubber butt pad is removable. User can choose to remove the pad to save weight, or if they simply prefer to not have it on the stock.
- The stock has twin forward facing battery storage tubes. These tubes are sealed by a rubberized plug at the from of the stock. This keeps the battery storage tubes protected and prevent entry of debris. These storage tubes will hold about 3 CR123 batteries or two AA batteries per tube. Some shooters choose store batteries in there in the case that they need then and some feel that the added weight in the rear helps to better balance out the rifle. The storage tubes and plugs can also be removed in order to save a few ounces, should you be concerned with weight.
- The locking release latch allows you alter your length of pull, when used in conjunction with an adjustable carbine receiver extension tube. This latch has integrated texturing making for a easy, slip resistant grip
- Be the first to review this product