Overview of the DPMS Oracle AR-15 Upper
The DPMS Oracle Upper is a complete upper assembly unit that comes ready to be paired with a standard, mil-spec AR-15 Lower. When paired with a complete lower receiver, this upper receiver will be ready to fire.
Chamber & Barrel
This DPMS upper is supplied with 16” barrel with a light weight contour. The lightweight contour allows for your rifle to be lighter and more maneuverable. Additionally, the light weight of the barrel allows it to dissipate heat at a faster rate when hot due to it’s decreased mass.
The barrel has a 5.56x45mm chamber. This chamber allows the rifle to shoot both commercial .223 Remington ammunition, as well as 5.56x45mm military spec ammunition safely.
The barrel has a twist rate of 1 full rotation for every 9” of barrel length. This twist rate has been reported as working very well with lighter .223/5.56mm projectiles around 55 grains. The 55-Grain .223/5.56mm ammunition is the most widely available ammunition available for the AR-15 and is commonly the least expensive. The 1:9 twist rate will work with heavier and light projectiles as well.
Sights Are Not Included
The upper receiver comes in an A3 flat top configuration without the addition of sights. In recent years, there have been an influx in sighting systems and shooters have formed the preferences. Many shooters are forgoing the use of iron sights and simply using a red dot sight or magnified optic. So, in order to reduce the cost of this AR-15 upper receiver, DPMS opted to not include a set of sights with it. This allows you, the shooter, to set up the rifle with the sights would like. This saves you money by not being forced into a set of sight you may not use or at least prefer.
Specifications of the DPMS Oracle Complete Upper
- 16” Light Contour Barrel Made from 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- 1:9” Barrel Twist Rate
- ½”x28 Threading at the Muzzle End of the Barrel
- A2 Flash Hider Muzzle Device
- The Barrel is Finished with a Parkerized Finish
- 5.56x45mm NATO Chamber (able to shoot both .223 Remington & 5.56x45mm Ammunition)
- Carbine Length Gas System
- Direction Impingement
- A3 Flat Top Upper Made from 7075 Aluminum
- Integrated M4 Feed Ramps in Upper Receiver
- 0.750” Gas Block Diameter
- DPMS Glacier Guard 2-Piece Polymer HandGuard
- Railed Gas Block
- Includes the following Components…
- Bolt Carrier Group
- Charging Handle
- Ejection Port Door
- Shell Deflector
- Forward Assist
To allow for quality assurance and function of the upper receiver, DPMS factory test fires all upper receivers prior to shipment.
- Be the first to review this product