- FailZero is known in the industry as being among the first to popularize the use of Nickel Boron (NiB) coatings in AR-15 components. The reason for implementing this coating technology into your firearm is that it has several key benefits. The EXO nickel boron provides permanent dry lubricity. Fail Zero claims that, due to these friction reducing properties, no wet lubrication is ever needed for this component. Additionally, Fail Zero claims that the EXO coating has increased heat dissipation meaning that these components will decrease any heat build-up.
- The Nickel boron coated components do still require cleaning although FailZero advises that cleaning intervals will be less frequent than parts subject to wet lubrication. Fail Zero advises against using any solvent that react negatively with nickel.
- In addition to all of the previously mentioned benefits, FailZero also claims that the EXO coating will also increase wear and corrosion resistance
- The nickel boron coated parts in this kit include the following…
- Bolt & Extractor (5.56/.223 compatible)
- Bolt Carrier
- Cam Pin
- Carrier Key
- Firing Pin
For complete installation and cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
- Be the first to review this product