Main Features of the Geissele SSA-E
- Drop in AR-15 replacement trigger
- Approximately 3.5 pound total pull weight
- Optimized for target and precision shooting in Squad Designated Marksmand type rifles
- Non-Adjustable for enhanced reliability and durability
- Fits standard Mil-Spec Trigger/Hammer Pins
Overview of the Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced AR-15 Trigger
- The Geissele SSA-E trigger was engineered on the Super Semi-Auto trigger chassis. The overall performance goal when developing this trigger was to make a trigger that enhanced trigger control and augmented accuracy while maintain the high degree of reliability and durability that Geissele triggers are known for. With it's reduced pull weight and candy cane-like 2nd stage break, this AR-15 trigger is ideally suited for precision work, such as in a Squad Designated Marksman's (SDM) type rifle build.
- The Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced trigger is a 2-stage design. The trigger pull weight on this AR-15 trigger is slightly less than that of the SSA trigger. The first stage pull weight is 2.3 pounds. The second stage pull weight is 1.2 pounds, making for a total pull weight of 3.5 pounds. In order to maintain optimal reliability and durability, the trigger pull weight and sear overlap is not adjustable.
- The material used to form the parts for the SSA-E is quality tool grade steel. The components are cut out by an EDM wire. This process allows for extreme precision and also makes for a non-directional surface on the finished pieces. This makes for a smooth, non-gritty trigger pull.
Trigger Pull Profile
- The SSA-E trigger is a 2-stage trigger. The initial force required at the first stage is low. As the trigger approaches the second stage, the force increases at a low rate. This allows for your rifle to stay on target at your initial point of aim increasing shooter confidence and effectiveness.
- Although the trigger is a two-stage design, the amount of pre-travel during the initial stage is minimal. This allows the trigger to be worked rapidly in a close, fast engagement. However, for more precision oriented shots, the first stage allows the shooter to get set up on target and then have a nice, clean, predictable trigger break.
Increased Accuracy and Highly Reliable
- The Geissele SSA-Enhanced trigger doesn’t use a reduced power hammer spring. A full power hammer spring is used in order to maintain reliability. A reduced power hammer spring, which some other companies use to reduce trigger pull weight can lead to light primer strikes which will cause a stoppage in your rifle.
- In addition to using full power hammer springs, the SSA-E trigger uses a lightened hammer. Combining a lightened hammer with full power springs means that the hammer will fall faster. In technical terms, this is called dwell time (The time from when the sears disengage to when the hammer hits the firing pint). Reduced dwell time is designable because it will theoretically lead to enhanced accuracy. The dwell time of a standard trigger is 8.5 milliseconds, compared to the 5.1 milliseconds on the Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced trigger.
Must Have! Review by Kevin - Orlando, Florida
Price Quality Value
This trigger is Perfect!
I bought the SSA-E because it has a crisper break than the SSA.
I'm glad I did.
The price on Ineedmoregear.com was a bonus.
You won't find one any cheaper.
Buy one today!
You won't be disappointed.
(Posted on 9/30/2016)