Upper Receivers / Conversion Kits
- The LanTac UAR is a next generation AR-15 upper receiver with many unique features that make this product one of the most revolution AR-15 parts on the market today.
- The most notable innovation utilized in this upper receiver is the patent pending SMOOTHCAM system. What separated this cam pin for a standard AR-15 cam pin is that it has a domed head. This domed cam pin, combined with a special upper receiver make for a reduction in friction, meaning that your rifle will operate smoothly.
- The LanTac UAR upper receiver was designed to be durable. This AR-15 upper is machined from a solid block of 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum and has a blended cam recess. After being machined, the aluminum goes through an anodizing process where a type 3, class 2 hard coat finish is applied.
- LanTac finishes these UAR upper with a unique process. The UAR uppers are precision machines with a special burnished bore. The reason why they do this is to give the upper a compacted internal surface with a roughness average 2-4x smoother than standard milled upper receivers. This affects you as a shooter by offering you reduced friction and smoother operation.
- To ensure that this upper has the maximum accuracy potential the barrel extension surface, bore and barrel nut threads are all machined in a single operation. This is done to decrease the chance of error and to give you perfectly concentric and perpendicular surfaces to mount your barrel to.
- The cam pin and cam pin recess area are known to be an area of high friction in the AR-15. For this reason LanTac has redesigned these to components to offer a lower friction alternative. The cam pin recess was re-engineered to have a smooth surface that flows into the main reciprocation channel. This provides an optimal surface for the LanTac domed cam pin and together they make for a minimum of internal wear.
- The proprietary domed cam pin from LanTac has no moving parts, which means there are no extra parts to break or malfunction. The cam pin is machined from 17-4 stainless steel and hardened to H900. The domed head of this unique cam pin is polished to a smooth finish to prevent any uneven wear. The unique structure of this cam pin allows it to operate in a completely different position than a traditional cam pin. The radius of the head curves away from the receivers internal surface compared to a traditional setup where the cam pin would have a hard or sharp edge on it upper corner, which can cause excessive wear.
- The LanTac UAR includes a CP-R360 domed head polished cam pin.
- LanTac also makes an Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group (E-BCG), which makes for the perfect companion to this upper advanced receiver.
|Manufacturer||LanTac USA LLC|
- Be the first to review this product