Sights / Lasers / Lights
- When LWRC engineered their new Skirmish sights, they intended to improve upon the Back-Up Iron Sights (BUIS) currently available on the market. One of the areas of improvement that you will quickly see is that these sights do not have any sharp corners. All of the sharp edges have been rounded to prevent snagging and avoid any potential injuries that the sharp edges may cause.
- Another are of improvement that LWRC engineered into these Skirmish sights were to make them ultra low profile. These sights take up very little rail space and are very compact and light. You won’t even notice that they are there until you need them. The folded profile of the sights is a diminutive 0.5”.
- These sights are easily raised or lowered by using big, gross motor skills. This is important because when bullets are flying, trying to activate little buttons can be quite challenging. The sight can be quickly deployed from their stowed position by simply grabbing the sight and pulling it to the erect position. Once fully deployed, the sights are held in place by a locking detent. This detent is stout enough to hold the sight up against recoil and minor impacts. To stow the sight, you need only press the button on the left side of the sight and fold them down.
- Sparing no expense, LWRC has decided to machine these sight from 7075 T6 aluminum, which is very high quality and strong aluminum alloy. The 7075-aluminum used in these sights is vastly superior than the 6000 series aluminum used in sights made by competitors. For enhanced corrosion and wear resistance, the aluminum undergoes a hard coat anodizing process. There are some steel components incorporated into these sights. The steel components are made from durable 4140-steel and then finished with a NiCorr surface conversion technology.
- These sights have a Picatinny rail interface, which allows them to be mounted to any Mil-STD 1913 rail. The mounting system uses locking helicoil, which require no thread locker and will stand up to repeated vibrations and recoil cycles.
- Be the first to review this product