Features of the Magpul Black ACS Stock
- Compatible with carbine Mil-Spec diameter buffer tubes/receiver extensions
- A-Frame streamlined design to reduce inadvertent snagging on gear or other equipment in the environment you are operating in. Also prevents inadvertent disengagement of the locking lever and prevents damage to locking lever assembly
- Integrated Magpul Friction Lock. This lock takes up the excess space and helps to snug the stock against the buffer tube. This decreases stock wobble and rattle, giving your rifle a much more solid and well-built feel.
- Dual battery storage compartment mount on either side of the stock. Rear opening plug allows for compartments to be accessed even when the stock is fully collapsed. Sealed by water tight rubber plugs
- Large rear storage compartment accessible via latching door
- Comes with 0.30 inch rubber butt pad for enhanced traction and impact resistance
Magpul Black ACS
The Magpul ACS is yet another great stock offer by the premier AR-15 accessory company. It offer many features while coming in at a fairly modest price. There is no wonder why this stock has received great reviews.
Similar to other stocks manufactured by Magpul, the ACS is primarily composed of polymer. Magpul has been in the polymer game for some time now and is known for producing polymer based products that can stand up to a substantial amount of abuse.
The ACS brings to market a substantial amount of features for a stock that weighs little more than three quarters of a pound. When first shouldering this stock, you will immediately notice that the Magpul ACS stock has a very wide, sloping cheek weld area that enhances user comfort during firing. One of the reasons for this generously side cheek weld area is that Magpul has integrated battery storage compartments on either side of the stock. These storage compartments provide a watertight seal and are able to house two, AA or three CR123 batteries. The storage tubes are capped by a removable rubber plug that is attached by a tether.
In addition to the battery storage compartment, the Adaptive Carbine Stock has a larger storage compartment in the rear portion of the stock. This storage compartment is accessible via a positive latching door on the right side of the stock. This is a great place to store item such as lubricant, a BoreSnake, extra parts, etc.
The friction lock system featured on many of the Magpul stocks is also present on the ACS. This really tremendous and separates Magpul stocks from the competitors. The friction lock essentially takes up the slack between the buffer tube and the stock. This helps to minimized the all to common stock wobble found in AR-15's. This also gives your AR-15 a very solid and quality feel, as when activated, the friction lock give your adjustable stock near the same rigidity as a fixed stock.
More sling mounting options are always a good thing to have. Keeping this in mind, Magpul has incorporated numerous sling mounting options into this stock. The ACS has two QD sling swivel mounts located in the middle portion of either side of the stock. The ACS also has a 1" sling loop on the rear/bottom portion of the stock.
- Be the first to review this product