Magpul AK HandGuard Zhukov Specifications
- Included Top Cover
- Polymer Construction w/ Full-Length Aluminum Chassis
- Integrated Heat Shielding
- M-LOK Compatible
- ~15.1 ounces
- 11.7” Length
- 1.8” Wide
- 2.1” High w/o Top Cover
Overview of the Magpul Black AK HandGuard Zhukov AK-47/74
- Magpul has long been known as a premiere produce of AR-15 parts and accessories. However, as of recent, they have developed an increasingly diverse product line. With the increase in popularity of the AK platform, Magpul is now offering the Zhukov handguard, as well as several other AK accessories.
Designed for the Modern Shooter
- The Magpul AK handguard was designed with the modern shooter in mind. The hand guard has length that extends far past the traditionally short AK hand guards. This extended length gives the shooter a greater area to work with. This extended handguard facilitates modern shooting techniques where shooters generally place their support hand farther forward than traditional holds.
- In addition to the extended length, the Zhukov has modularity that is not seen in the original AK hand guard. The Zhukov has Magpul M-LOK mounting slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. These M-LOK slots allow for the attachment of optional Picatinny rail sections or the directly attachment of M-LOK compatible accessories.
- The Magpul AK Zhukov HandGuard is able to be installed on most AK-47/AKM/AK-74 style rifles with barrels that have a diameter between 16.75-18.25mm under the hand guard. Due to the extended length of the Zhukov, Magpul recommends against installing this hand guard of rifles with a barrel less than 13” in length.
- Installation of the Zhukov AK handguard will require permanent modification to the host rifle. The factory hand guard retaining cap and forward sling mount (if equipped) will have to be removed prior to installation of the Zhukov.
- As many are aware, the various AK patterned rifles around the world do have somewhat variable specifications. Due to the wide ranging specifications associated with the AK, some minor fitting may be required for your particular application.
- The Magpul AK HandGuard is compatible with the UltiMAK Optics mount top cover.
- Be the first to review this product