Main Features of the Magpul Black ACS-L Carbine Stock
- Compatible with AR-15/M16/M4 carbine Mil-Spec Diameter Receiver Extension/buffer tubes
- Drop in replacement
- Easy to install
- Streamlined version of Magpul ACS Stock
- Same great features of ACS with deleted battery storage tube
- Streamline A-Frame design minimizes chance of snagging
- Large, slopped cheek weld areas for comfortable shooting
- Reduced weight from original ACS stock
- Centerline locking release lever for easy accessibility with either hand
- Multiple sling mounting options including 2 integrated centerline sling loops and reversible QD sling swivel cup
- Long service life chrome silicon spring used in locking mechanism to increase service life.
- Large storage area with latching door in rear of stock
- 0.30 inch rubber butt pad included for increased shoulder traction and increased impact resistance
- Weighs in at 0.78 pounds
The Magpul Balck Adaptive Carbine Stock Light
The Magpul Black ACS-L MAG378 is an updated version of the older Magpul ACS. While the original Magpul ACS was a tremendous stock, there were some updates that could be made to it to make it more appealing. The main difference between the original ACS and the new Light version are that the new ACS-L does not have the bilateral battery storage compartments that were featured on the ACS
The battery storage compartments featured on the ACS made for a wide, sloping cheek weld platform that made the ACS extremely comfortable to shoot from. Although this new ACS-L does not retain the battery storage tubes, it still retains the sloping cheek weld platforms. Although not quite as generous and wide as on the original ACS, the cheek weld provided on this ACS Light MAG378 is very comfortable to shoot from.
Although the ACS-Light has done away with the battery storage compartments, it still retains the large storage compartment at the rear of the stock. This storage compartment is large enough to store some lubricant, small spare parts, batteries or other items. The storage compartment is easily accessible on the right side of the stock via a latched door
Similar to other AR-15 stocks offered by Magpul, the Magpul Black ACS-L is primarily constructed of durable polymer. All of Magpul’s products are well known for their ability to withstand abuse and the ACS-L is no different.
Keeping with this durability, Magpul was able to engineer a robust locking mechanism. The locking mechanism is able to withstand more abuse the it will ever likely see. The Magpul ACS-L performed admirably well in an independent drop test that compared this stock to other from different manufacturers.
The friction lock from Magpul is featured in this stock. The friction lock essentially squeezes the stock against the buffer tube. This has the effect of decreasing stock wobble and the associated audible rattle that the AR-15 carbine stocks are somewhat notoriously known for. The friction lock makes for a tight fit, giving your AR-15 a solid, quality, well-built feel that you would generally only get from a solid stock.
With all of these great features, a great price and being produced from a company with an outstanding reputation, like Magpul, it is no wonder that that the Magpul ACS-L received a 5-Star Review.
- Be the first to review this product