Main Feautres of the Magpul Black MOE SL Stock
- Drop in replacement for AR-15/M16/M4 with carbine buffer tube
- Fits Mil-Spec Diameter buffer tubes
- Ambidextrous dual side release latches
- Rolled toe on bottom of stock for easier mounting of rifle from low ready
- Rubberized butt pad for increased shoulder traction to prevent inadvertent slippage
- Angled butt plate to work more easily and comfortably with modular gear and body armor
- Sloping cheek weld for more comfortable shooting
- Sleek anti-snag design
- Chrome silicon locking spring provides positive lock and long service life
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP and ASAP-QD end plate
- Integrated QD sling swivel cup mount that will accommodate up to 1.5 inch sling swivels.
- Integrated 1.25 inch sling loop
Overview of the Magpul Black MOE Slim Line Stock
The Magpul Black MOE SL line offers a great, highly capable AR-15 stock at a price that is very competitive for all of the advanced features it presents.
Designed for the SHooter
The SL MOE Stock makes for a very comfortably shooting stock. The cheek weld surface on this stock is at a sloped angle and is fairly wide for such a slim stock. This wide, sloping area allows that shooter to have plenty of room to make for the perfect cheek weld, making this a comfortable stock to shoot with. Additionally, on the rear of the stock, you will find a rubber butt pad. This pad serves to reduce the shock, should the stock be dropped. Additionally, the rubber pad will enhance the track, ensuring that the stock stays in place during firing. The tip of the toe on the stock is also slightly rolled. This allows for easier transitions when transferring the stock from should to shoulder.
Sling Mounting Options
As with most other Magpul stocks, the MOE SL stock has several sling mounting options. On the bottom of the stock, there is a centrally located 1.25” sling loop that will work equally well for a right or left-handed shooter. Additionally, this stock also has a rear mounted push-button QD cup what will accommodate up to a 1.5” sling swivel. The QD cups are located on both sides of the stock, making for ambidextrous sling mounting solutions. Going along with the ambidextrous theme, Magpul has placed locking release levers on both sides of the stock. The levers are located in a well-protected area, making then unlikely to be damaged with impact.
Once mounted on your receiver extension tube, you will notice that the MOE SL stock is extremely solid and has little to no wobble or rattle. This is because Magpul has once again added a unique piece of engineering. The stock incorporates some leaf springs within the stock tube. These springs press against the buffer tube, which in turn minimizes wobble and give you a nice, solid, quality feel to your rifle.
The Magpul SL stock is also compatible with the Magpul end plates, such as the ASAP plate. This will give you even more options when considering how you would like to mount your sling.
CLICK HERE for a video review of the Magpul MOE SL stock.
- Be the first to review this product