Primary Features of the Mapgul Black PRS Stock
- Intended for precision rifle and sniper applications
- Compatible with AR-15's with full rifle length receiver extension/buffer tube
- Adjustable length of pull with 1 inch of total travel
- Adjustable cheek comb height with 0.75 inches of total travel adjustment
- Machined aluminum adjustment knobs
- Positive locking detents on adjustment knobs for precise adjustment
- Tool-Less adjustability
- Adjustments will hold under recoil
- Aluminum butt plate
- Rubber butt pad for impact resistant and slip resistant shoulder mounting
- Bottom Picatinny rail allows for monopod use
- NOT compatible with Large Frame AR (.308). Raised cheek comb will prevent full travel of charging handle
- Able to withstand recoil of up to .50 BMG
The Magpul Black PRS Stock - For Your Precision AR Rifle Builds
The Magpul Precision-Adjustable Rifle Stock (PRS) is the go to stock for precision/sniper oriented AR style rifles. With the rugged construction and fine degree of adjustability it is well suited for the task.
The Magpul Black PRS stock offers the shooter a highly adjustable and very solid platform to shoot from. Unlikely many AR-15 stocks, the PRS has an adjustable comb piece. This allows the shooter to adjust the comb height so that he/she can achieve a proper cheek weld that will place his/her eye directly in line with the scope. All too often is there people using non-adjustable AR stock and having to use a compromised cheek weld to get properly aligned behind the scope. No more with the Magpul PRS. Additionally, this precision AR-15 stock offers an adjustable length of pull. Both the comb height, as well as the length of pull are adjustable by two adjustment knob made out of machines aluminum that have positive clicking detents. The amount of travel between clicks on the adjustment knobs is fairly small meaning that you can dial your stock in exactly how you want to.
This stock is very solidly built and somewhat over-built for the AR-15. This stock is capable of handling the recoil of a 50 BMG rifle. So, a .223/5.56 gun won’t be any trouble. With all of the features packed into the PRS, it comes in at a somewhat hefty 1.68 pounds or so. However, this isn’t necessarily a drawback. The weight of the PRS helps to better balance the rifle. Often precision rifles will have a longer, heavier barrel, making them very front heavy. The weight of the PRS helps to counteract this front heaviness and moves the center of mass of the rifle more towards that rear.
One of the rather unique features of the Magpul PRS stock is that it comes with a section of picatinny rail on the rear/bottom portion of the stock. This picatinny section can be used for several things. For instance, this rail section can be used to mount a monopod to your stock, giving you a very stable shooting platform. Otherwise, this rail section an be used for mounting a QD sling mount or storage.
- Be the first to review this product