Designed for Function
The Magpul FDE MBUS sight was designed around filling it’s role as a back-up sight. With this role in mind, Magpul decide the build the Gen 2 MBUS from a polymer frame. A polymer frame keeps this sight light and also allows this back-up sight to be substantially less expensive that other steel or aluminum sights. Magpul is known for their durable polymer products and the MBUS has proven to be extremely resilient. The polymer used in this BUIS is impact resistant and durable enough to withstand hard use.
Easy to Use
The Magpul rear sight is simple to use. To mount the sight onto your AR-15 or other Picatinny mounting platform, the sight has an integrated clamp mount. The mount can be adjusted via the single screw on the side of the sight. Once in place, the sight can be easily stowed by folding the sight down. The sight will be held in the down position by a detent and will remain there until needed. To deploy the MBUS, simple press on the lever and the spring loaded sight will flip up into position automatically. The sight is held in the erect position by a detent that is strong enough to withstand recoil so that it will maintain zero, even with heavy firing. However, the with will allow for unobstructed folding if it is fit with a significant enough force, such as running into a wall. This prevents breakage.
This Magpul MBUS Rear sight is the same height as a standard A2 front sight. This allow you to use this sight with a standard A2 front sight block or any other standard height front sight. The rear sight is windage adjustable, just like standard AR-15 rear sight. The rear sight adjustments can be made via the adjustment knob. The adjustment knob as positive detents that allow for firm engagement to ensure that your rifle maintains zero.
Overview of the Magpul FDE MBUS Rear Sight
- Low Cost Back-Up "Iron" Sight (BUIS)
- Dual apertures (wide & narrow)
- Durable injection molded polymer construction
- Windage adjustable via adjustment knob
- Compatible with most 1913 Mil-Spec Picatinny Rails
- Designed primarily for use on the AR-15/M16/M4 platform
- Light weight yet extremely durable
- Spring loaded automatic flip-up sight springs into action with the press of a lever
- Provides same height over bore as standard A2 style AR-15/M16 sights
- Protective polymer wings shield rear aperture from damage during impact or drop
- Sight is held in erect position via spring pressure and a detent
- Be the first to review this product