Main Features of the Magpul FDE PMAG 30 M2
- Highly durable, impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- 30 round standard capacity
- Optimized for .223 Remington /5.56x45mm NATO ammunition
- Able to be inserted in closed bolt at full capacity
- Textured gripping surface
- Anti-tilt, Self Lubricating Follower
- Constant curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Available in multiple colors
- Corrosion resistant Mil-Spec Stainless Steel spring
- Made in the United States
- Flared base plate for easy extraction from mag pouches
- Easy to disassemble tool-less removable base plate
- Light weight
- Designed primarily for use in .223/5.56x45mm chambered AR-15 rifles
- Also compatible with some other rifles that accept AR-15 magazines
Overview of the Magpul FDE PMAG
- The Magpul MOE M2 PMAG is a low cost highly reliable magazine for your AR-15. The M2 PMAG is made from highly durable, impact and chemical resistant polymer that has proven itself time and time again to be able to withstand hard use. In addition to it’s immense durability, the polymer construction allows these magazines to be cost effective and extremely light weight when compared to steel AR-15 magazines.
- Prior to releasing the PMAG, Magpul was made popular by the introduction of a 4-way anti-tilt high reliability follower that was designed as a replacement for the green followers in USGI contract magazines. Magpul has integrated this technology into their line of PMAGs. The polymer followers used in the M2 PMAG has a self-leveling anti-title feature. This allows the follower to remain highly reliable. In addition to this, the follower has self-lubricating properties, decreasing the amount of maintenance needed. The follower is pushed upwards by a stainless steel spring. Stainless steel springs were chose for the PMAGs for their resistance to corrosion and long service life.
- The floor plate on the M2 series Magpul PMAGs are flared out. This allows users to get a firm grip on the base plate for easy extraction from magazine pouches. The floor plates are easily removed from the magazine, making for simple disassembly and maintenance. To remove the floor plate, you simply need to press in on the locking plate with the top of a .223/5.56x45mm round (or any other pointing device) and then simply push the floor plate off. This allows the floor plate to be easily removed, yet firmly held in place during use.
- The polymer used for the construction of M2 MOE PMAGs has proven to be extremely resilient. Magpul has subjected these magazines to crush tests, feed lip drop tests, cold weather tests, as well as other testing and the magazines have proven themselves to be highly durable.
- There are additional options that you can choose to purchase separately for the M2 magazines. Some of these accessories include a impact/dust cover to take the pressure off of the feed lips during long term storage, protect your ammunition from impact and to prevent the invasion of debris during field use. Also available are Magpul’s Ranger plates for enhanced magazine manipulation.
- Be the first to review this product