- This polymer based hand guard system from Magpul is designed for AR-15s with Mid-length gas system. It is specifically design to work with both gas impingement, as well as most piston driven AR-15 systems.
- For increased ease of installation, the Magpul MOE Hand Guard utilizes the existing front hand guard retaining cap and original delta ring. This also helps to save costs, as this means there are less parts for you to buy. This hand guard system is designed as a direct replacement to the. standard plastic AR-15 hand guard. Installing this unit simply requires that you pop off your old hand guard and simply install these.
- Although these hand guards are polymer based, they do retain an excellent amount of modularity. These MOE hand guards have MOE accessory mounting holes/vents that the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock position. In addition to allow for air circulation around the barrel, Magpul MOE slot based accessories are able to be mounted in these slots. This adds immense capability to your rifle system, as there are several ways you can configure your handguard with your MOE accessories.
- As opposed to most AR-15 hand guard systems, the Magpul MOE hand guard is primarily composed of polymer. This polymer construction gives you several advantages when compared to the aluminum railed hand guard. First, this polymer hand guard is able to come in at a much lower sale price that machined aluminum hand guards. In addition to this, although aluminum is one of the lightest available metals it will still usually be heavier than a polymer based hand guard. This mid-length Magpul Hand guard comes in at a weigh of 8.74 ounces.
- Durable, reinforced heat-resistant polymer construction will stand up to heavy use
- Provides protective barrier from hot forward gas block. Front lip and side extensions on the front of the hand guard prevent you from getting your hand too close to this high temperature component
- Integrated aluminum heat shield riveted into place
- Be the first to review this product