Main Features of the Magpul OD Green PMAG M2
- Highly durable, impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- 30 round standard capacity
- Optimized for .223 Remington /5.56x45mm NATO ammunition
- Able to be inserted in closed bolt at full capacity
- Textured gripping surface
- Anti-tilt, Self Lubricating Follower
- Constant curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Available in multiple colors
- Corrosion resistant Mil-Spec Stainless Steel spring
- Made in the United States
- Flared base plate for easy extraction from mag pouches
- Easy to disassemble tool-less removable base plate
- Light weight
Magpul OD Green PMAG Overview
- The Magpul MOE Generation M2 20 round AR-15 magazine solves a lot of problems seen previously in standard aluminum and steel magazines.
- The most obvious feature that sets these magazines apart is that they are made out of a polymer. This polymer allows the PMAGs to be extremely durable. When metal magazines tend to dent and deform, polymer magazines will retain their shape under similar stress. In addition to this, polymer is very light weight and using polymer Magpul PMAGs can save a lot of weight when compared to steel magazines. The polymer construction of the magazine also allows this mag to be very resistant against corrosion and chemical decomposition.
- This Magpul magazine uses a proprietary follower. This follow is made of polymer and was engineered to be self-leveling and anti-tilt. This reduces the possibility of stoppages. Also, with the follower being made of polymer, it is self-lubricating, thereby enhancing reliability and decreasing required maintenance.
- The main spring used is made from stainless steel. A stainless steel spring is currently military specification for magazine springs, as it enhances corrosion resistance.
- The MOE M2 magazines do not come with dust covers. However, dust covers are available at additional cost. These dust covers can be useful for long-term storage or when traveling in the field. During long-term storage, they will keep out debris and also take pressure off of the feed lips to avoid any potential feed lip migration. For use in the field, these dust cover can protect your ammunition from impact and also prevent unwanted debris rom entering the magazine.
- The design of the floor plate allows it to be extremely secure and also easy to remove. Removal on requires that you depress the locking plate with the tip of a bullet and then simply slide the base plate off. The base plate is flared, making extraction more magazine pouches easier
- Be the first to review this product