Specifications of Magpul AK Zhukov-S Stock
- 15.0 Ounces
- 5 Position adjustable length of Pull
- Multiple Sling Mounts
- Polymer Construction
- Solid Steel Hinge Pin
- Rubber Butt Pad
Compatibility of the Magpul AK Stock
- The Magpul Zhukov stock is designed to be mounted to most stamped AK patterned rifles with a fixed stock and single tang trunnion. Due to the somewhat variable specifications and tolerances associated with the wide variety of AK manufacturers, minor fitting may be necessary for your particular application. Please note that this Magpul stock is not compatible with the Norinco Type56S/MAK-90. The incompatibility is due to the differences in the trunnion’s tang.
- The Magpul AK stock gives your AK a significant increase in modularity. The Zhukov has an adjustable length of pull to allow it to be fitted to multiple shooter of various sizes. The stock has 5 different positions for length of pull that can be set from ~12.2” to ~14.8”. The adjustment lever used to adjust the length of pull is very streamlined and integrated well into the stock. This was done to make the adjustment lever unobtrusive and avoid and snagging hazards.
- To allow for easy transportation and storage, the Magpul AK stock can be folded to the right side of the rifle to create a reduced profile. With the stock folded, the rifle can still be manipulated and fired, as long as the optional cheek risers are not installed. The folding mechanism is extremely robust and has a fixed stock lockup. This provides you with a consistent cheek weld in all positions. For increased strength and durability for the folding mechanism, a solid steel hinge pin is used.
Enhanced Shooter Comfort
- The Magpul AK Zhukov-s Stock has man integrated features that make it more ergonomic for the shooter. Starting from the rear, the stock has a rubber butt pad. This pad acts as a slip-resistant surface the helps to keep the stock firmly mounted to your shoulder. The butt plate of the stock has a rolled toe. This increases clearance space and allows for easier shoulder to shoulder transitions. The rolled toe also allows for a better shoulder mount when wearing body armor.
- Taking advantage of every part of the stock, the engineers at Magpul also paid special attention to the cheek weld surface. The cheek weld surface has a relatively flat and wide cheek rest area. This gives the shooter a large, comfortable spot to find a cheek weld. If you use optics with your AK, Magpul has optional cheek risers available that you can use to attain the proper cheek riser height.
Multiple Sling Options
- The Magpul Zhukov has multiple options for sling integration. Near the front left portion of the stock, Magpul has designed in an integrated anti-rotation QD sling socket. This socket will accept a (not included) QD sling swivel. In addition to this, the rear of the stock has a location that will accept optional Type 1 & Type 2 QD sling mounts. If you are a more traditional shooter and want to run a direct attach sling, the bottom of the stock has an integrated 1.25” sling loop.
- Be the first to review this product