Primary Features of the Magpul MOE PMAG M2
- Highly durable, impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- 30 round standard capacity
- Optimized for .223 Remington /5.56x45mm NATO ammunition
- Able to be inserted in closed bolt at full capacity
- Textured gripping surface
- Anti-tilt, Self Lubricating Follower
- Constant curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Available in multiple colors
- Corrosion resistant Mil-Spec Stainless Steel spring
- Made in the United States
- Flared base plate for easy extraction from mag pouches
- Easy to disassemble tool-less removable base plate
- Light weight
- Polymer construction for unparalleled durability and impact resistance
- Enhanced reliability, proprietary, self-lubricating 4-way anti-tilt follower
- Stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance
- Textured gripping panels and bulged base plate to allow for easier manipulation
- Easy disassembly
Overview of the Magpul M2 MOE PMAG
That Magpul M2 MOE PMAG is Magpul's answer to a no frills, get the job done, economical AR-15 magazine. Compared to the M3 PMAG, this Gen M2 version Isn't quite as feature pack, but offer a more attractive pricing point. For a more thorough explanation, check out our blog post about the differences between the M2 & M3 PMAG.
The Magpul Original Equipment line of gear was created with the concept of providing top quality gear at a reasonable price. In no place is this more evident than in the Magpul Gen M2 PMAG. Since it’s inception in 2007, the Magpul PMAG has become THE gold standard of AR-15 magazines. Often, buying such highly touted equipment requires a significant budget. No so with the PMAG, as it is one of the lowest priced AR-15 magazines currently available on the market.
At it’s base, the Magpul PMAG MOE Gen 2 is a 30 round polymer constructed magazine, primarily designed for use in the AR-15 family of firearms. What separates the PMAG from other magazines are it’s unprecedented reliability and durability.
The reliability of the PMAG can mainly be attributed to its 4-way anti-tilt follower. Prior to manufacturing the PMAG, Magpul made a name for itself by redesigning the followers for AR-15 magazines. These followers were designed so that they were impossible to tilt while in the magazine, hence, enhancing the reliability.
The durability of the PMAG has been tested and documented several times. From being repeatedly run over by armored vehicles to being subjected to -30 degree weather and then undergoing drop tests, the PMAG has always come out with flying colors.
Disassembly for cleaning or maintenance of the PMAG is simple. The user only requires the tip of a bullet to depress the locking plate and then slide off the base plate to remove the internal components. While disassembling, you will notice a corrosion resistant stainless steel spring and the self-lubricating, 4-way anti-tilt follower. The floor plate of the PMAG is also slightly bulged around the base, allowing from a positive gripping surface when pulling the magazine out of a mag pouch.
- Be the first to review this product