- Extended 40 Round Capacity
- High Reliability, Self-Lubricating, Anti-Tilt Follower
- Magpul Pain Pen Marking Matrix for Easy Identification
- Over-travel stop to prevent over-insertion
- Ribbed, slip resistant surface on front and rear spine easy handling
- Included Dust/Impact for long term storage and field use
- New M3 PMAG styling
- Easy to remove base plate
- Long Life and corrosion resistant stainless steel spring
- Constant curve internal geometry for smoother feeding and enhanced reliability
- Next generation crush-resistant highly durable polymer construction
Why Should You Buy a Magpul 40-Round PMAG?
The Magpul 40-Round PMAG has a stout heritage. The Magpul PMAG is synonymous with reliability, durability and at a cost effective price. The new 40 round PMAG all of the new features and capabilities of the new Gen M3 PMAGs, with an increased capacity.
This 40 round AR-15 magazine is perfect for the avid 3-gunner. A 40 round magazine will usually get you though just about any stage without having to reload. The extra added length and weight for the additional 10 round isn't noticeable and it handles just like when you are running a 30 round mag.
If you aren't familiar with the upgrades present in the new M3 PMAGs, well go over the differences. The M3 PMAG features a new slim line base plate. This slimmer base plate allows the magazines to be more easily stacked in 2 and 3 deep mag pouches. The M3 PMAGs have the same super simple disassembly procedure as the M2 magazines, except the base plate pull off from the rear, instead of the front. The New dot-marking matrix is a great feature to make marking and identifying your magazines as simple as possible. Ribbing is featured on the front and rear spine of the magazine body to making holding on to the mag much easier when you are sweaty, muddy, bloody, etc. Although not an overly common problem with the AR-15, magazine over insertion (where the mag catch does not slide in to the recess in the magazine and the mag is pushed up too far in tot he receiver, causing a malfunction) is eliminated by the inclusion of an over-travel stop. The Magpul M3 PMAGs also have a redesigned geometry and bolt catch cut-out, which allows for greater cross-compatibility. The M3's are now compatible with the HK 416, SA-80, FN SCAR, and many more.
We are here to help!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us. We are happy to help!!
10 more Review by John
Price Quality Value
What do I need to say about this magazine. The Gen. 2 mags are great, and now a Gen. 3 40 round mag. that shipped with the dust cover at no extra cost. Why buy any other brand? (Posted on 12/5/2014)