Main Features of the Magpul Stock UBR
- Includes necessary entry length receiver extension/buffer tube
- 7 Position Adjustable Length of Pull
- Rear storage compartment with removable doors
- Storage compartment accessed through latched door.
- Unique design that provides consistent cheek placement at an length of pull adjustment
- Robust locking mechanism for enhanced drop test performance
- Optional metal striking plate
- Customizable present length of pull setting for fast adjustment to preferred length of pull
- Anti-Snag design prevents tock from getting hung up on other equipment or obstacles
- Sloping cheek piece provides comfortable shooting platform
- Stout construction provides counterbalance for front heavy AR-15 rifles, creating a more central balancing point
- Includes removable 0.30 inch rubber butt pad for increased shoulder traction when firing and enhanced shock absorption
- Multiple sling mounting options
- Bottom mounted integrated 1.25 inch sling mount
- Reversible QD cup sling swivel mounts. Able to mount up to 1.5" sling swivel (not included)
The Magpul Black UBR Stock
The Magpul Black UBR (Utility Battle Rifle) AR-15 stock is the most feature packed stock of Magpul’s line-up. There are several unique features that make this stock stand out from others.
The most unique item about the Magpul Stock UBR is it's mounting system and how it achieves it's 7 adjustable length of pull settings. Unlike most other carbine length AR-15 stocks. the UBR attaches to the receiver with an (included) entry length buffer tube as opposed to the standard carbine buffer tube. The cheek piece of the Magpul UBR permanently attaches to the top of the extension tube. This allows for the stock to have a permanent/non-moving cheek weld position. Additionally, the locking mechanism that allows for the adjustable length of pull has an extremely solid lock-up. This lock-up makes for maximum rigidity, giving the stock the rigidity of a fixed stock and is really the mark of truly impressive engineering.
The UBR AR-15 stock is packed full of useful features. For instance, there is a rather large storage compartment in the tail section of the stock. The storage compartment is easy to get time during times of need and is large enough to store several pieces of relevant equipment. Should you not need the storage compartment, you can simply remove the doors ad run the stock with the A frame open. Whatever your sling preference is, chances are the Magpul UBR has you covered. The UBR has multiple sling mounts, including forward and rear, reversible QD cup sling mounts, as well as a centrally located sling loop on the bottom section of the stock. This AR-15 stock comes standard with a 0.30" removable rubber butt-pad. This pad is dual purpose. The pad will offer the stock increased impact protection from drops and strikes. Additionally, the grippy rubber of the pad helps the stock to stick more firmly onto your shoulder. Unlike other adjustable length of pull carbine stocks, the Magpul UBR has 7 different length positions. Generally other stocks are only going to offer 5 or 6 positions. This battle rifle stock may weight more than it's competitors, but that isn't necessary a detriment. The AR-15 tend to be rather front heavy, with most of the weight being out in front of the grip. By having the UBR, there is a greater proportion of weight in the rear section of the rifle, behind the grip, making the gun better balanced. This can improve the feel and handling of the firearm.
The Magpul UBR is definitely a high-end AR-15 stock that packs plenty of features into a compact, aesthetic package. Buy a Magpul UBR today and you won't be disappointed in the quality of this stock.
- Be the first to review this product