Overview of the MidWest Industries 15” M-Lok Hand Guard
- The new Midwest M-Lok AR-15 rail system is made for performance. This rail is light weight, durable easy to install and modular. It is everything you need at a price you can afford.
- This Hand Guard system from MI is designed around the new Magpul M-Lok system. The M-Lok system is a negative space mounting system designed to allow you to attach the accessories you want, where you want them. Since the M-Lok attachment system works with negative space, it has several advantages over the more traditional Picatinny mounting system. The three main benefits of the M-Lok over a Picatinny rail are that the M-LOK decreased weight rather dramatically, a slick M-LOK rail is more comfortable to hold on to, and the M-LOK rail allows for slimmer hand guard. This handguard will come with one 5-slot M-LOK polymer rail section. This rail section provides you with Picatinny mounting space so that you can still mount your Picatinny accessories to this M-Lok Rail system. There are also, several other M-LOK accessories to choose from.
Comfortable and Strong
- The Midwest M-LOK Rail system is a very comfortable hand guard system to shoot with. Due to the M-LOK compatibility and additional lightening cuts, this rail was able to come in at a slim 9.3 ounces, including the barrel nut for a full 15” rail. This is significantly lighter than a traditional quad Picatinny rail. To shave extra weight, Midwest industries has removed several inches of Picatinny rail section from the 12 o’clock portion of the rail. The top of the rail does include two small sections of Picatinny rail. These two sections of Picatinny rail were left intact to allow you to install your choice of sights. The rear section can support the forward section of an optic mount or scope ring and the front section is there to support your front sight, or any other Picatinny rail attachment you may want to add there.
- Although a lot of material has been removed from this rail system it is still very reliable and rugged. The rail is made from 6016 aluminum, which gives it excellent rigidity and durability.
- This rail system includes a barrel nut wrench, as well as a proprietary barrel nut needed for installation. The user can install this product. However, it will require the use of tools and may require minor gunsmithing. If you are unsure of your abilities, please have a competent gunsmith install this device for you.
- This hand guard is intended to be installed on a standard AR-15 upper receiver. Please note that this handguard system is NOT compatible with gas piston guns.
- Be the first to review this product