- The Midwest Industries SSK Series is a set of KeyMod compatible rail systems for the AR-15. These rail systems are solidly built and give you a wide variety of modularity with the increasing supply of KeyMod accessories.
- This 15” AR-15 KeyMod HandGuard weighs in at a light 9.9 ounces. And that weight includes the barrel nut.
- This rail is free floating and is designed to be used with a low profile gas block. Since this hand guard is free floating, it can maximize the accuracy potential of your AR-15. Non-free floating rails have the potential to interfere with your barrel during the firing process, which can lead to deflection or an interruption of your barrel harmonics.
- Due to the KeyMod accessory mounting slots, this rail is extremely comfortable and ergonomic to hold onto. Since the only Picatinny rail is on top, the other sections of the hand guard are allowed to be extremely narrow. This give you a chance to get a nice, firm grip on the 1.5” outside diameter rail surface.
- Although this is a KeyMod AR-15 hand guard system, Midwest industries does give you a few ways to mount your Picatinny accessories. A single 2.1” KeyMod Mounted rail section is included with this hand guard. You can mount this rail section anywhere on the KeyMod slots and attach you Picatinny mounted accessory to it. In addition to this moveable Picatinny rail section, this handguard also has a full length Picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position.
- As an added bonus, this AR-15 KeyMod Hand guard has multiple sling integration options. The hand guard has five built-in anti-rotation QD sling swivel cups
- Machined from top quality 6061 aluminum and finished with a hard coat anodizing, this hand guard was made to be rugged and durable.
- Proprietary barrel nut and barrel nut wrench include with purchase
- Please note that this hand guard may require some gunsmithing for proper installation
- Be the first to review this product