Primary Weapons Systems
Overview of the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube
- The PWS buffer tube is simply the best buffer tube for sale in the marketplace for your AR-15. Where others have simply copied and regurgitated the traditional designed, the engineers at PWS have enhanced the design to bring you a better, more functional buffer tube.
Made to Last
- The enhanced buffer tube is machined from a solid piece of aluminum billet. The type of aluminum used in aircraft grade 6061. This alloy gives the buffer tube enough strength to handle hard use.
Advanced Mounting System
- Traditional AR-15 buffer tubes were mounted to the receiver via a castle nut that jammed the buffer to the receiver. Seeing a limitation, the engineers at PWS improved upon this antiquated method of attachment. The Primary Weapons enhanced buffer tube uses a unique screw & plate system. This system ensures precise alignment of the buffer tube with the receiver. Additionally, many users find this buffer tube much easier to install than traditional buffer tubes.
Carrier Tilt Problems Solved
- When initially engineering the enhanced receiver extension, PWS noted that some other manufacturers were having issues with carrier tilt. In certain gas piston AR-15 systems, the mechanism of the action would cause the bolt carrier to travel back in a tilted fashion, this could, in turn, cause excessive wear on the buffer as well as the bolt carrier group. Seizing the opportunity, PWS engineered a solution that solved the carrier tilt issue. The front lip of the PWS enhanced buffer tube has been extended that it goes deeper into the receiver. By extending the buffer tube, the bolt carrier is fully supported and cannot tilt. So, the enhanced buffer tube essentially eliminated the possibility of carrier tilt issues.
- With several other companies offering receiver extension end plates that allow for QD sling use, PWS decided to build that feature directly into their buffer tube. The PWS EBT has QD sling sockets machined directly into it. This allows you to attach your QD sling swivels to your buffer tube without having to buy additional adapters. Since the QD sockets are directly machined into the buffer tube, this saves weight and also increases the durability of the QD sockets.
Made for Rugged Environments
- The exterior of the PWS EBT has been fluted. In addition to just looking awesome, the flutes actually serve a purpose. As with barrel fluting, these can reduce weight. In addition to this, the flutes has serve as debris channels allowing dirt to be pushed out of the way. A drain hole in the rear of the buffer tubes allows water to escape, should you weapon become submerged in a marine operation.
|Manufacturer||Primary Weapons Systems|
- Be the first to review this product