- Spike’s Tactical claims that this heavy carbine buffer assembly doesn’t have any moveable weight or fluids. This makes the buffer maintenance free. Also, you don’t have to worry about any fluids leaking out of those hydraulic buffer.
- The finish the exterior surface of the buffer, it is hard coat anodized and has a laser engraving of the Spike’s Tactical logo. This improves corrosion resistance and makes the buffer look unique.
- The buffer body is CNC machined from a solid aluminum billet. The added weight of the buffer comes from high-density tungsten powder.
- As the name implies, this buffer is heavier than a standard buffer. The Spikes ST-T2 buffer weighs in at an average of 4.05 ounces, or 115 grams for those on the metric system. The precise weight of the buffer will vary slightly, depending on the precise size and density of the high-density tungsten powder used.
- What makes this buffer different from other buffers? The main difference is that this buffer is heavier due to it being filled with tungsten powder. This tungsten powder leads to several differences when compared to the traditional steel weights generally seen in most other buffers. Due to the weight material being powder and not solid, you may notice smoother cycling, as the weights don’t clash against each other. In addition to this, the added weight of this buffer may cause to changes to the way your rifle handles when shooting. Some users feel that this buffer can result in the recoil feeling softer, less muzzle rise and quieter cycling. Spike’s also claims that this buffer will decrease bolt bounce, which can interfere with full-auto firing.
- Be the first to review this product