Features of Troy Iron Sights
- ~0.50 MOA Click Adjustment
- Machined from Aluminum
- Mounts to Picatinny Rail
- Locking Detent
- Flips Up/Down
Reputation for the Best
- Troy Industries is simply the name when it comes to back-up iron sights (BUIS). Troy has set themselves apart from the rest by building rugged, simple flip-up sights for your AR-15 that just work. Their line of backup sights are made to be used hard and do not disappoint.
Design Features of the Troy Front Sight
- This Troy front sight is configured with an HK style hood. This differs from the traditional AR-15/M16 wings that flanked the front post. Many prefer this HK style sight, as it makes for a more consistent sight picture. When using iron sights, it is important to be consistent. When using iron sight, people tend to either put the front post in the middle of their sight picture, or line up the front hood concentrically with the rear aperture. By having this HK hooded front sight, some find is much easier to line up the two circles of the rear aperture and front hood to get a precise sight picture. Check out this video for a more detailed explanation.
- The Troy front sight was made to be used by real world operators. With that in mind, Troy uses an aircraft grade, high strength aluminum as the main construction material for this sight. The sight also utilizes stainless steel components for enhanced corrosion resistant. The aluminum body of the sight is finished in a mil-spec hard coat anodizing, which enhances corrosion and wear resistance. This durable construction ensures that this front sight will give you years of reliable service.
- With it’s minimal sight, the Troy front flip-up sight is there when you need it, but when it is tucked away, you won’t even notice it. The front sight has a stainless steel cross locking system. This cross lock ensures that the sight will remain up right and zeroed when deployed for use. The cross lock is strong enough to hand recoil and other battlefield conditions. When not in use, this front sight easily folds away at the press of a button. When no longer in use, you can press the lock release button and manually fold the sights down for easily streamlined storage.
- Be the first to review this product